I know how frustrating it can be to come up with an idea for a movie to watch, so I figured why not make some recommendations for your next movie night.
- Parks and Recreation- Everyone’s favorite. If you need to relax, nothing is better than watching Deputy Parks Director Leslie Knope and her friends in Pawnee City Hall get into some crazy shenanigans.
2. Beauty and the Beast- Your pick which version. I love Disney movies, so I find most of them work for when I want to relax. You get to pick whether you sing along with Belle and the others in her village, or just enjoy the plot lines and beauty that is Emma Watson.
3. Pride and Prejudice- Yes, Mr. Collins, I do recommend you watch the five hour version, which is more true to the book than any other version made in the past century. However, if you don’t have the time, I do recommend Keira Knightly’s version, which follows the spirit of the book, if not the actual plot line.
4. Whose Line Is It Anyway?- Who doesn’t love a good laugh. I prefer the Drew Carey version to watch because it’s what I grew up on. Watching improv is some much fun if nothing else but to watch the faces of the improver when they realize what they have to do.
5. The Great British Bake Off- Competition shows can be very stressful to watch, but the fact is, everyone on there is just so…. nice. Each contestant who is sent off the show, gets a well done and hug at the end from everyone. Not something you normally see in America. You also get to see some incredible baking which just makes me hungry.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more recommendations!